The Pain is Power gains up to +92% Weapon Damage when heating up.
The Pain is Power ignites its wielder and delays the overheating.
When ignited by this effect the weapon doesn't consume ammo.
Children of the Vault (COV) Weapons behave differently to regular weapons.
- They need to be started up before you can shoot with them.
- Ammo is directly consumed from the player's Ammo Pool.
- Each shot builds up heat which leads to Overheating.
Shots to Break on the Weapon Card is impacted the same ways Magazine Size is.
- Heat dissipates when the Weapon isn't fired for a couple of seconds and can prevent Overheating.
- When the Weapon Overheats it needs to be Repaired.
The Repair Time on the Weapon card is impacted in the same ways Reload Time is.
- Splash Anoints:availablenone
- Weapon Parts:variationsfixed parts
- Splash Radius:
- Listed Projectiles:1 | 2 | 3
- Ammo/Shot:1 | 2 | 3
Embrace the Pain
Both Variations have the same Overheating behavior.
The main difference between these variations are their behavior with increased heat.
Instead of increasing it's Weapon Damage the Embrace the Pain gains increased Fire Rate with more Heat.
50% of Pain is Power are converted to Embrace the Pain.
A single number in the top right of parts show its rarity.
Parts with a number < 1 are less common and parts with a number > 1 are more common.
- Hot Karl: 6.6%
- World Drop
Borderlands 3 World Drops are items that drop from any suitable Loot Source in addition to any other source.
Suitable Loot Sources:
- All Enemies:
Bosses, Crew Challenges, Generic Enemies, …
- All kinds of Chests
- Vending Machines
- Slot Machines
- Eridian Fabricator