Explosive Damage in Borderlands 2
Explosive Damage deals full damage to all enemies, only Shielded Targets take 20% less damage.
Manufacturer Torgue primarily produces Explosive Weapons with a few exceptions: Peak Opener, World Burn
Explosive Damage deals additional Splash Damage in close proximity of the impact. Direct Hits deal Explosive and Splash Damage.
Splash Damage doesn't receive bonus damage when scoring a Critical Hit.
Splash Damage can apply an additional Elemental status effect from the Direct Hit, resulting in 2 chances to apply a status effect. (2 Status Effects can run at the same time)
Increasing Grenade Damage will also Increase Splash Damage. Skills that increase Splash Damage: (Axton) Battlefront, Steady; (Krieg) Fuel the Blood; (Salvador) Keep It Piping Hot
There are also non Explosive Weapons with Splash Damage.
Splash Damage an overview:
- Torgue Assault Rifle = 90%, Torgue Pistol = 100%, Torgue Shotgun = 85%
- Maliwan Pistol = 80%, Maliwan Sniper = 50%, Maliwan Launcher = 25% (Splash Damage removed from the base)
- E-Tech Launcher = 50%, E-Tech SMG = 50% (except Bandit SMG's)
- Assault Rifles: Boom Puppy = 100%, Hail = 80%, Sawbar = 100%, Evil Smasher 90%, Ogre = 100%
- Pistols: Teapot = 80%, Tinderbox = 100%, Thunderball Fists = 100% + 150%, Hornet =80%, Hector's Paradise = 80%, Infection = 80%, Unkempt Harold = 100% and 70%, Pocket Rocket = 100%, Little Evie = 80%, Devastator = 100%, Grog Nozzle = 80%, Rubi = 80%
- Shotguns: Teeth of Terramorphous = 50%, Twister = 40%, Blockhead = 100%, Landscaper = 85%, Flakker = 100%, Omen = 100%, Swordsplosion = 100% + 70%,
- SMG's: Chulainn = 50%, Yellow Jacket = 70%, Hellfire = 50%, Florentine = 50%, Plasma Caster = 50%
- Sniper Rifles: Cobra = 80%, Pimpernel = 50%, Volcano = 80%
Explosive Damage in Borderlands 3
Explosive Damage is now considered Physical Damage or Non Elemental Damage, as long as it does not have an element.