Explosive Damage deals full damage to all enemies, only Shielded Targets take 20% less damage.
Explosive Damage deals additional Splash Damage in close proximity of the impact. Direct Hits deal Explosive and Splash Damage.
Splash Damage doesn't receive bonus damage when scoring a Critical Hit.
Splash Damage can apply an additional Elemental status effect from the Direct Hit, resulting in 2 chances to apply a status effect. (2 Status Effects can run at the same time)
There are also non Explosive Weapons with Splash Damage.
Splash Damage an overview:
- Torgue Assault Rifle = 90%, Torgue Pistol = 100%, Torgue Shotgun = 85%
- Maliwan Pistol = 80%, Maliwan Sniper = 50%, Maliwan Launcher = 25% (Splash Damage removed from the base)
- E-Tech Launcher = 50%, E-Tech SMG = 50% (except Bandit SMG's)
- Assault Rifles: Boom Puppy = 100%, Hail = 80%, Sawbar = 100%, Evil Smasher 90%, Ogre = 100%
- Pistols: Teapot = 80%, Tinderbox = 100%, Thunderball Fists = 100% + 150%, Hornet =80%, Hector's Paradise = 80%, Infection = 80%, Unkempt Harold = 100% and 70%, Pocket Rocket = 100%, Little Evie = 80%, Devastator = 100%, Grog Nozzle = 80%, Rubi = 80%
- Shotguns: Teeth of Terramorphous = 50%, Twister = 40%, Blockhead = 100%, Landscaper = 85%, Flakker = 100%, Omen = 100%, Swordsplosion = 100% + 70%,
- SMG's: Chulainn = 50%, Yellow Jacket = 70%, Hellfire = 50%, Florentine = 50%, Plasma Caster = 50%
- Sniper Rifles: Cobra = 80%, Pimpernel = 50%, Volcano = 80%
Explosive Damage is now considered Kinetic Damage or Non Elemental Damage, as long as it does not have an element.